How To Measure Your Hall, Stairs and Landing
- Draw out a rough sketch of your Hall, Stairs and Landing, Remember to cover the top step on the landing measurement.
- Measure all the walls, dont forget to go into the doorways, always allow 5cms on each measurment for fitting.
- Measure the width of the stairs and length of each step, Then simply count how many steps you have.
- If you have twisting stairs or unusual shapes just draw them as a square with the biggest sizes on them.
- Try to plan all your areas into the width of the carpet, Some carpets are available in multi widths (See Plan 1)
- It is important that you run the pile in the same direction, this ensures the colour and pattern match in all areas.
- If you are carpeting other rooms then it may be possible to use the waste from these rooms for your stairs(See Plan 2)
- If joins are required try to place them away from high traffic areas.
- We offer a Free Home measuring service if you would like us to call out and plan the stairs for you.